Sunday, May 28, 2023

How I Connected My Life Purpose and Mission with Network Marketing

First off, I'd like to say that Network Marketing being a good thing is very subjective. While there are a lot of great businesses out there, there are still those predatory companies and "scam artists" that are doing damage to many people and the industry. I myself, have failed countless times in Network Marketing, having lost a lot money throughout the decades… That aside, in this post, what I will discuss why I still believe in this business model, and, how I've found my own way, and how I have aligned it with my spirituality and life-purpose/mission: which is to give low income people the platform where they can build foundational wealth, with less capital and less risk, in a professional and ethical manner.

As a citizen of a predominantly financially poor country, it's very common to see the negative effects of poverty on people and society. Poverty impacts so many aspects of life with such a large majority of our population. I realized that this truly distressed me. So, I embarked upon many a business with the intent to make "contribution" to society once I made my money. But that strategy for me has had mixed results. Throughout the decades, with all the trial and errors, and experiences, I realized that there was no company that provided what I believed would be the proper "recipe" for poverty alleviation. So, I had to do it my own way: I setup my own company - one that reflected my values, beliefs as a businessperson and my life's mission - to help people elevate themselves and their families from poverty, through gainful entrepreneurship. 

Here is what I did, and why I believe that this is the best Network Marketing setup, to serve low income people and give them a platform to create foundational wealth:

1. Low Start Up and Maintenance - I specifically had low income, minimum wage people in mind when I was designing the business plan. It had to be an amount that they could readily afford and one that wouldn't put a very big strain on their monthly budget. What I disliked about other companies' higher entry fees is that, I saw a lot of people resorted to selling valuables, taking loans and even pawning stuff, just to be able to put together the money to enter the business, only to lose out in the end.

Price of high maintenance: When time comes to doing monthly maintenance, it would be again hard for them to sustain compulsory monthly purchases that actually exceeded what they could truly afford. Then, if the business runs too slow for them, if they don’t manage to "get lucky" and start making good money in a short span of time, their financial difficulties will catch up and they wouldn’t be able to sustain the monthly maintenance requirements. This eventually leads to their "failure" with the business. 

With these simple realizations, I designed my company to have a both a low startup cost and a low monthly maintenance product purchase - to make it as financially, easily "reachable" business for most people to start and sustain. Plus, having a low capital requirement, they will have more success in inviting and "sponsoring" other people to join them, empowering them to grow their business faster and easier.

With our company, the startup/membership cost is the same as the purchase of the retail price for our product, which is already competitively priced (not overpriced). So, there is practically Zero-Risk, whether you choose to do the business or not. I believe this is a critical point, as many people have already experienced being "burned" by startup fees that they can barely manage.


2. The Power of Leverage - If you're already familiar with the industry, this is the most attractive aspect of this type of business. With the creation of a "distribution network", people who consume the product/s and promote the business by "sponsoring" other people to become consumer-distributors themselves, one can create significant income from "over-riding" commissions, depending on how deep commissions are assigned by the company's compensation plan. 

This is actually similar to current sales network practices by traditional companies engaged in sales and direct selling. An example is that in real estate sales - in a big development and sales company, if a real estate agent sells a property, he/she might get between 2 to 3% sales commission, while the supervisor above might receive 0.5 to 1%. Commissions are also awarded further "up the ladder", to the assistant manager, then the manager above, then the director, then the VP for sales, so on and so forth. In Network Marketing, commissions are similarly awarded to people "up the line" of sponsorship up until the level limit of the comp plan.

With the Power of Leverage, there is a massive income potential to this kind of sales commissioning system, especially if the distributors have taken the business seriously and have treated it as a career. These people recognize the massive income potential  from "leveraging" with other people's efforts. Another advantage that's also attractive due to this setup is the potential for "passive income" - as you earn overriding commissions from sales from multiple levels of your organization. The larger your distribution network, the larger the potential for massive-passive income!

With this, any person applying themselves, building their network in a professional and ethical manner, can build foundational wealth with minimal capital and much less work than with traditional businesses.

3. People Help Each Other - In this business, it is inherent that people will be inviting people to join and work together with each other. Plus, with our simple and affordable business setup, we hope to bless people with a practical business that can reward them with regular additional income - one that has the potential for massive growth, to help them build wealth. Empowering them, giving them the financial capacity to realize their dreams, and if they so desire, to diversify to other, traditional, more capital intensive businesses such as farms, trading, etc. The good thing is, the people that they brought into the business, will also have the same opportunity and potential results! Starting from the same low startup cost, using teamwork and discipline, a good financial future for everyone is now very possible. So, by sharing the business, we bless others - we offer to them the opportunity to better their lives, without them resorting to selling, taking loans or pawning valuables (benta-utang-sangla). 

Network Marketing does not have to have "losers". By creating a business platform that low income people can easily afford, and using the proper Network Marketing commission plan, our business has the potential to generously reward those who deserve it, with massive passive income. I believe that this will help many people and their families elevate themselves from poverty and overcome ever rising inflation. With our business, Everybody Wins… When people fully understand and realize the sensibility of the previously discussed points, I believe it will be an attractive option for them to join us and participate. More people in our business will lead to the success of everyone choosing to do our business seriously. 

The success of this humble platform of ours will mean the success of many, it will be a victory over poverty. This then, will be my tribute to my Big Boss, to help as many people as I can towards ending poverty in their families and communities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment